Location: El Centro, CA
Value: 50.6 Million
Completed: May 2017
Reconstruction of Route 8 in Imperial County near El Centro from 0.6 miles west of Anderholt Road Overcrossing to 0.5 miles east of the East Highline Canal Bridge. Construction scope of work included the demolition of existing pavements, reconstruction of subgrade, placement of HMA, installation of reinforcement for CRCP, placement of concrete for CRCP, installation of approach slabs, installation of guardrail, misc drainage, mill and overlay of ramps, and rumble strips.
- 243,000 cy of Roadway Excavation.
- 109,000 tons of 1.5” Type A HMA.
- 20 miles of full roadway width steel reinforcement (10 miles each direction).
- 130,000 cy of PCC placed for CRCP.
- CSI was able to partner with Caltrans to innovate and restage sequence of work to expedite schedule.
- Project will be completed 9 months ahead of Contract Completion Date.