Location: El Centro, CA
Value: 19 Million
Completed: December 2016
Naval Air Facility (NAF) El Centro required repair to existing Runway 12/30 and repairs to Taxiways “A through H.” The runway repairs included full depth runway reconstruction, repair of asphalt shoulders, demolition and restriping of pavement markings. Repairs to Taxiways A through H included repairing all existing asphalt concrete portions of the taxiways by performing crack sealing, patching, and hot-mix asphalt overlay along with full depth repairs on Taxiways B, D, and E. Taxiway E repairs included a portion of the existing asphalt taxiway being demolished and a reconstructed structural section including Portland Cement Concrete in place of the existing asphalt.
- Over 21,000 CY PCC Concrete Runway and Taxiway.
- Over 25,000 CY Cement Treated Base Batched on Site, Placed, Graded & Compacted.
- 92,867 Tons of Recycled Cement Crushed on Site.
- Over 90,000 SY of Lime Treated Stabilized Soil.
- 42,917 Tons of Asphalt Concrete Pavement Taxiways and Shoulders.
- 95,000 LF of Existing AC Crack Repair.
- Schedule was accelerated to finish by Jan 1 to accommodate the Blue Angeles training schedule.