Location: El Centro, CA
Value: 47.9 Million
Completed: June 2017
Reconstruction of Route 8 in Imperial County about 26 miles East of El Centro from 0.8 miles west of East Junction Route 98/8 Separation to 0.6 miles east of the All American Canal. Construction scope of work included the demolition of existing pavements, reconstruction of subgrade, placement of HMA, installation of reinforcement for CRCP, placement of concrete for CRCP, installation of approach slabs, installation of guardrail, misc drainage, mill and overlay of ramps, and rumble strips.
- 338,000 cy of Roadway Excavation.
- 118,000 cy of Class 2 Aggregate Base.
- 130,000 tons of 1.5” Type A HMA.
- 20 miles of full roadway width steel reinforcement (10 miles each direction).
- 128,000 cy of PCC placed for CRCP.
- CSI was able to partner with Caltrans to innovate and implement a major detour on Evans Hewes Highway, which runs parallel to the project, facilitating the construction of EB I8 in its entirety, uninterrupted by staging. This was critical in expediting the progress of the project to an early finish.
- Project will be completed 13 months ahead of Contract Completion Date.